Secondary school with contemporary design in London
The transformation involved reconstruction and modernization of the overall structure of the educational campus with a capacity for 2,000 students and 200 employees, that dates from 1950.
The project was led by the architectural studio “Allford Hall Monaghan Morris” which won the prestigious British award for architecture “RIBA Stirling Prize” for 2015.
The transformation includes six new architectural structures, including four buildings accommodating the necessary spaces for education, which also transmit the spirit of the original school in a functional and practical way. The buildings have four floors, the new sports hall and performing arts building are united with the existing structures in order to create a campus that will function as a harmonious whole in order stimulate interaction and socialization among students.
Each architectural structure houses classrooms and rooms for accommodation of students. The interiors of the pavilions feature a spacious central spaces and corridors that provide influx of daylight inside.
(Photo Credits: Rob Parrish)