The Design Home is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Grandmillennial style offers your soul a trip back to the comfort and innocence of grandma’s house.
Also coined “granny chic,” this design style utilizes traditional elements, like spindles, tufts, and florals, while removing those ornate tchotchkes typically found in these more dated spaces.
The stark difference between your grandma’s living room and the grandmillennial living room is the brightness.
Grandmillenial style will include lots of layers and textures, however will remain light and bright – opposite a dark, dingy space weighed down by bulky furniture and shag rugs.
The best part about grandmillennial design is that it is timeless.
Shop your local flea markets and antique stores for those unique pieces and never worry about them going out of style.
Better yet, those heirlooms passed down from generation to generation will fit right in.
A gorgeous, upholstered sofa lays the backdrop for this design. This piece is an updated look on the classic Chesterfield design with a tufted back that transitions into the rolled arms.
- An updated twist on a classic Chesterfield, this handsome tufted sofa is as comfortable as it is eye-catching. Its sturdy...
- Dimensions: 78.7''W x 39”D x 30.3”H; seat height 20.5", seat depth 25.2"
- Solid and engineered hardwoods; polyester/nylon fabric
- Timeless and functional
- Refreshed design of a classic; extra wide seating capacity
A pair of accent chairs are placed near the sofa and around the white washed wood, upholstered top coffee table. Side tables are placed near each seating option. A pair of floor lamps flank the sofa with an artwork piece placed in between. A rocking chair is added for a little more seating along with a floral pouf. All of the main furniture pieces are placed on top of a vintage inspired area rug. To help fill out the space, a console table and trunk are the finishing touches. Artwork, a scalloped mirror, bookends, candle holders, and
- Traditional French Console Table
- Natural Bayur Wood Top with White Streaking
- Half Oval-Shaped Design
- Mdf Construction In White Finish
This design balances lighted, white-washed wood tones with darker, espresso tones. This is the differentiator between your grandma’s style and the updated grandmillennial look. The espresso color is found in the legs of the sofa and accent chairs, one of the side tables, and the rocking chair. The contrasting white wood tone is found in the upholstered coffee table, the trunk, and the drawer side table. The console table is the perfect piece for this design because it brings in both tones.
- Package Dimensions: 20.066 cms (L) x 68.58 cms (W) x 20.066 cms (H)
- Product Type: Chair
- Package Quantity: 1
- Country Of Origin: Viet Nam
Shades of blue and floral pattern keep this design looking cohesive, however it is important to not get too matchy-matchy. This design style should resemble a collection of items procured over a long period of time. The colors and patterns in the rug coordinate with the sofa, floral artwork, the floral pouf, and the patchwork quilt. Throw pillows bring the look together with their shades of pink, white, and blue.
- Time for a timeless makeover!
- The perfect quilt for your cabana or sun chaise.
- Reverses to a complimentary print for two looks in one!
A more traditional element of this design are the details in the furniture frames and legs. The white side table features spindled legs which is a highly popular feature of the grandmillennial style. The sofa and coffee table both feature thicker, turned legs.
In every design, it is important to visualize the day-to-day function. The storage trunk provides great hidden storage – perfect for storing extra blankets and pillows or children’s toys. It can also offer some surface storage when closed.
- VINTAGE FARMHOUSE STYLE: The Kate and Laurel - Cates storage chest footlocker has true flexible functionality with fabulous...
- RUGGEDLY BUILT - Designed to last, this chest has a solid wood construction complemented by beautiful brass hardware. It is...
- PERFECTLY SIZED: Perfect for organizing and decluttering this small chest has overall dimensions of 27.5-inches wide by 14...
- A TREASURE KEEPER: the antique brass decorative design of the metal hardware creates a unique look and adds to the trunks...
- GREAT GIFT IDEA: For the new graduate or home owner, the Cates trunk would be a great housewarming, birthday or all around...
The round cocktail ottoman/coffee table placed in the center of the space is a great multi-functional piece. It can be used as a place to rest your feet or, by simply adding a tray on top of the upholstery, a place to set your morning coffee.
- IMPRESS YOUR GUESTS! – Whether It’s Breakfast In Bed With Your Spouse, or Entertaining Guests In The Dining Room or...
- 3 CONVENIENT SIZES – Each Tray is Ideal For Different Uses. All 3 Nest Inside Each Other, Making Them Easy To Store and...
- EASY TO CARRY – These Serving Trays Are Both Durable and Light Weight. The Carved Wooden Handles Make Them Easy To Carry,...
- USE FOR SERVING OR HOME DECOR – While These Butler Trays Are Great For Serving Guests, They Also Make a Great Decorative...
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – If You Do Not Like It or Don’t Want It For Any Reason, We Will Happily Accept The Return and Give...
Another feature used to really hone in on the grandmillennial look is wallpaper – particularly floral wallpaper. A bold, floral wallpaper adds a distinct design feature giving the furniture and accessories in the space a grand backdrop.
Grandmillennial design is a great style choice as it is easily attainable for everyone. Mix a few newer pieces with those you have collected from relatives and flea markets and you will be well on your way to conquering this latest design style.